Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Boutique in the Barn Recap

I've participated in many shows with Petal Pusher across the Valley over the last couple of years and am constantly impressed by the ingenuity and quality of handmade items that I see.  Even if there are two vendors making the same product, it's interesting to see their individual perspectives and creative flair used to make it their own.  Here are some of the items I was most taken with at Boutique in the Barn last weekend.

The little girls loved sorting through these baubles to make their own custom necklaces.  I thought it was fun how the vendor displayed them all in repurposed cans covered in colorful scrapbook paper.


One vendor was offering feather extensions and I thought this girl wore them well.  A very subtle peacock shimmer against her gorgeous auburn hair.


Felted wool flower necklaces.  This could be a colorful cozy look for fall or winter with a gray boyfriend cardigan and distressed jeans.


I adore these hair wraps.  Every time I see one I want to pop it on.  Still not quite brave enough, but I think it would be darling with an updo for summer.


Loads of colorful neckties for boys...


The Pink Trailer just rolled right up and opened their doors to an entire wonderland of clothes and accessories inside, complete with fitting room.  Genius!


These luscious roses in vintage bottles were being sold for only $1.


Benefits from the day's sales went towards the Shine Project.  For more details on this worthy cause and the inspirational founder click here.


Shoppers shopping away...


Super cute wood signs. There were also state-shaped wood signs with a heart in place for the capital city.  Fun idea for a house warming or moving present.


Check out these bird feeders!  Made using vintage tea cups, saucers, dessert plates, forks and spoons.  My promise to you: a tutorial on how to make your very own before the month is over.


My booth buddy, Dana, makes these darling bobby pins.  Have you ever seen a tinier rolled fabric rose?



Another event I have to share with you is Junk in the Trunk Trio's Vintage Market coming to Westworld on May 5.  If you are a lover of all things chippy, vintage, rusty or handmade, you will not want to miss this event.  There will also be live music, a vintage photo booth and DIY tutorials on site.  I can hardly wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment