Monday, February 6, 2012

Mingle with the Moms

Our neighborhood is full of families and, like us, most have moved here within the last year or two.  I figured, someone's got to get this party started and decided to initiate a Mingle with the Moms happy hour at our house.  My neighbor and I dropped off some fliers inviting other moms to swing by, bring an appetizer or wine to share and meet up.  For my apps, I decided to make these two easy, fresh finger foods that friends have shared with me recently.  Enjoy!

 
Appetizer #1
Fill a container with marinated peppadews (usually found in the deli section at the olive bar).  Stuff them with gorgonzola crumbles.  Set them on plate and watch them disappear. See, I told you they were going to be easy.  The sweet, slightly spicy peppadew mixes perfectly with the creamy strong cheese.



Appetizer #2
Spread goat cheese on a small Boboli pizza crust.  In a bowl, toss arugula, sliced strawberries and toasted pumpkin seeds (pistachios or pine nuts work well too) with olive oil and lemon juice.  Place atop pizza crust and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan.  So fresh, so simple, so yummy.  Oh, and pretty too.  Tip: slice the pizza crust after spreading the goat cheese, but before adding arugula mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment