Friday, August 26, 2011

Easy Homemade Granola

What do you do when it's 115 degrees out and you've got two cooped up little ones? 
Put 'em to work in the kitchen! 

I've been wanting to make homemade granola for awhile and figured it's a kid-friendly snack and cooking activity. I spent a little time online researching a recipe that was fairly healthy and didn't require a trip further than my pantry. This one fit the bill and the yummy scent and flavors remind me of the fall. And that's a happy thing this time of year.

The only thing we were lacking was the puffed brown rice cereal, so I just doubled the oats. I also subbed dried cherries for the cranberries.  Coconut might be a nice addition if you're into that sort of thing. 

Here is what you'll need (plus unsweetened applesauce, not shown):


Can you well we are Costco members? Lots of Kirkland Signature action going on in that photo.  Their nuts and dried fruits Are a good buy and nice pantry staple.


This would be perfect with plain Greek yogurt, but we snacked on it dry and it was delicious.


Recipe can be found here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment