Thursday, April 28, 2011

Work Space Reveal

It's been a little over a month since we moved and we're very happily settled.  Most of the new furniture has arrived, contractors have finished and we gave the okay on the backyard design yesterday.  Having a dedicated work space for Petal Pusher has made life more organized and I'm all about organization.


Most would agree that a flat screen TV doesn't do much for creativity.  But when there are mindless tasks at hand, like cutting out patterns or lengths of ribbon, it's nice to watch a little Oprah at the same time, right?

I definitely need some suggestions on what do put on the wall to the left of the TV.  Right now my top pick is this wall organizer from Pottery Barn.  Fill it with jars of buttons, embellishments, inspirational pieces...Your thoughts?


 This Crate & Barrel table used to be in our kitchen, I removed the leaf and two additional chairs and am dealing with the shape for now.  Eventually I'd like to get a rectangular table that fits flush against the wall like this one at Pottery Barn.  The seat cushions are from Ballard Designs.


I knew from the get-go that I wanted a wire tiered rack of some sort to display Petals.  When I spotted this turquoise one at Marshall's Homegoods I literally bolted across the aisles to claim it (because I'm certain so many other shoppers that day were looking for a tall turquoise tiered rack!?).


This tray holds random items.  My favorite being the tiny zinc planter used as a business card holder.  I snatched up all eleven of them when I saw them sitting on the clearance shelf of a local boutique for only 99 cents.


I'm sharing the room with the kiddos since it doubles as our playroom, but so far so good.  Eventually we may turn the couch to face the TV and act as more of a divider, but for now it's fine.


My son's room is about the same size as the playroom so we can easily move the train table in there when I host Petal Pusher or Magnolia Market events.  Highly recommend the toy storage bins peeking out on the right.  They're from Land of Nod.

 These PB bookshelves used to be in our office (we still have another set and the matching desk in there).  Kids get the bottom two shelves for musical instruments and books.


Large glass bottles and canvas buckets from PB.  Vintage wire locker basket from Etsy.  Aqua mason jars from local antique shops, poured cement frog from garden shop in Seattle.


This basket holds more fabric and felt


Jars hold scraps for button covers and finished headbands.  The large jar came from a thrift store and I covered the rim with hemp rope.
The large closet with built-ins stores all the not-so-cute-but-essential stuff and fabric, as well as all the kids' crafts and games.  Couldn't get too many good shots of the closet interior, but here's one shelf...


The wall of windows lets in lots of Arizona sunshine and frames the big trees out front (pardon the photo quality).  I love that the house had plantation wood shutters throughout when we moved in.  I can close the bottom half at night for more privacy.


And that's it folks...Thank you for joining me on the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment