Friday, April 1, 2011

Woody, Buzz and The Lemonista

I just had to share this truly amazing cake The Lemonista made for my daughter's 2nd birthday party.  The Little Miss has been obsessed with Jessie, Woody and Buzz since she saw Toy Story 3 in the theater.  I know, I know, she was kinda young for movie-going when it came out, but she sat still through the entire movie and the fascination was born.  In fact, some of her first words were Woody, Jessie and Buzz.

When Erin asked what to get Little Miss for her birthday I replied with my usual answer...Please, no more toys!  And she kindly offered up a homemade Toy Story cake as a birthday gift.  These are not just any ol' homemade cakes, I mean they are right up there with the most fantastical Cake Boss creations (and taste yummy too).  Take a look at some of the jaw-dropping awesomeness she's created for her childrens' past birthday parties...

3D rubber ducky with iridescent bubbles and bar of soap
Garden with flowers, insects, veggies of every size and color, moist soil and white picket fence
Octopus for the "Under the Sea with Hello Kitty" theme
The day of the party Erin arrived early ready to assemble the masterpiece...A 3D replica of Andy's bed (made pink and customized for Little Miss) complete with perfectly posed toys from the movie.  She managed to find every character - even the walking binoculars and Bo Peep!  The headboard had sweet iridescent roses and bows and the pillows had ruffle trim.



The "real" Buzz zoomed in for an appearance, but by far the highlight was the beautiful cake.
Thanks, Erin, for your patience, generosity, thoughtfulness and creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Laurel, you are so very sweet to write this! It was such a fun party and my pleasure to make the cake. I love a new baking challange:-) especially the look on "Little Miss" face.

    ReplyDelete