Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pottery Barn Moss Letters - Tutorial

Today I was browsing Pottery Barn's website to check out the latest spring offerings and what did I see, but a moss-covered initial "just like the one I made two days ago!" (I shouted my excitment waving the catalog as my 2 and 3 year olds stared at me blankly).

Live Moss Letters
Live Moss Letters from Pottery Barn

I found the chipboard H in the scrapbook section at Hobby Lobby for $1-2 and thought of covering it in the flat moss sheets for spring.  Got the SuperMoss Instant Green Moss Cloth sheets for $9 at JoAnn's and only used 1/4 of it for this project.

I just trimmed the moss around the letter, leaving about 1/4-1/2" extra, then folded it over and attached with my trusty glue gun.

Now granted, Pottery Barn's letters are 18" high and mine is only 8.5" high, but the PB version also runs $80 a pop.  Heck, for the cost of my version I could spell our entire last name (it's a long one too) and still be way under $80.  Wow...I'm feeling pretty smart!

Why not try making your own moss initial or a sweet word like...

SPRING
GROW
BLOOM
LOVE
ME
YOU
HAPPY



1 comment: