Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guest Blogging at Apples to Zucchini

One of my happy places is the kitchen. 
Yes, there's the constant cleaning (I actually enjoy doing dishes), but there's also...

the joy of cooking healthy, fresh, comforting meals for my family
discovering unique ways to use ingredients or blend flavors
the calming ritual of measuring and following a recipe
savoring a glass of wine while cooking and laughing with my husband
menu planning (appeals to my organizational tendancies)

And we haven't even gotten to the eating part!  Good food is important to me.  I actually keep a list of favorite local restaurants and new restaurants to try.  The Food section in the paper is the one I read first.  Even as I write this my mind is swirling with memorable meals at special restaurants in the past.  By special I don't neccessarily mean expensive.  For me it's the food, but also the ambiance, service and dining companions that make the meal.  Sure the seven course tasting menu with wine pairings at La Toque in Napa was beyond amazing, but so was riding bikes to La Super-Rica in Santa Barbara for serious tacos with my pal Coco. 

A few months ago I started a little thing in our household called Meatless Mondays.  Just trying to think outside the box and add more veggies, whole grains and legumes to our diet. 

My friend Shannon over at Apples to Zucchini kindly asked me to guest blog about MM and not only am I honored, but the whole experience brings things full circle.  Our moms became friends shortly after we were born.  Over the years many recipes have been exchanged and meals have been shared.  Pretty cool to be moms ourselves now and coming together to share memorable, healthful meals for our kids.

So take a peek, enjoy Shannon's fantastic and funny blog, Apples to Zucchini, and get cookin'!

Apples to Zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment