Friday, February 25, 2011

Bonne Maman

I have been using Bonne Maman Preserves for years.  It's a daily stand-by in the morning on my whole wheat buttered toast or for the kids' PB&J.  It is the closest thing to homemade preserves I can find on the average grocery store shelf.  

another year, another jar on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Source unknown
Despite my green tendencies and having it front and center in our fridge for years, it finally dawned on me (while cleaning it out to recycle) that I should repurpose the jar for my Petal-making supplies.  Definitely an aha moment...or maybe more of a duh! moment. 

Just look at all the different uses for these sweet little jam jars...

Iron Chef Shellie
I Heart Linen

I Heart Linen

Right now I'm using mine for holding glue sticks...
 

As I eat more jam gather more, the possibilities are endless.  Perfect for holding Petal Pusher embellishments or keeping my favorite treat (dark chocolate-covered cranberries) nearby. 

What would you use a Bonne Maman jar for?


4 comments:

  1. We use our collection (also the empty jars from our homemade jam) to drink out of! I have so enjoyed this blog! Thanks laurel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to run out and buy some Bonne Maman jam so that I can re-purpose the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever, Laurel! Look how cute those jars look for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heheh!! you made me smile! i realized i'm not the only one that keeps all bonne maman jars for other purposes! i keep my hairpins, sea shells.. and all types of spices i can! :)

    ReplyDelete